City Cast is a new, fast-growing national network of local podcasts and newsletters. As VP of Revenue, you’ll devise, launch, and oversee our sales and monetization efforts. You’ll be City Cast’s first business hire. Working directly with the CEO, you’ll build the revenue team, set the revenue strategy, ensure we meet our revenue goals, and scale everything as we grow.
Deadline to apply: Tuesday, October 7th 2022
- Decide the monetization strategy and set revenue goals in partnership with the CEO, and ensure that City Cast meets or exceeds them.
- Partner with the CEO and finance team to build a profitable business. Have an understanding of the overall P&L, budget management, and revenue forecasting.
- Build and oversee ad sales team, figuring out how to reach local and national clients, and offering them creative ad options for podcasts, newsletters, and websites.
- Define and build a subscription/membership business for City Cast.
- Explore other revenue streams, such as events and affiliate revenue. Figure out and execute on a revenue strategy for the ones that make sense. .
- Manage and negotiate third-party partnerships to deliver on revenue goals.
- Develop sales materials, pricing packages, advertising policies, data strategy/policy and sales target lists.
- Define monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals and hold your team accountable to them.
- Build and oversee revenue operations, ensuring that City Cast optimizes ad inventory, tracks performance, and communicates well with clients.
- Work closely with the other members of the executive team to shape overall company strategy and culture.
- Proven ability to grow new businesses, identify new revenue opportunities, and scale revenue.
- Experience with podcast, newsletter, and other digital ad sales.
- Experience building and managing a sales team – both internal and third-party.
- Comfortable selling – not just managing a sales team.
- Understand the nuances of local versus national clients and markets.
- Adept at creating productive, long-term customer relationships.
- Experience with subscription or membership businesses
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent business and people management skills.
- Track record of collaborating well with creative/content and production/operations.
- Can model positive energy and handle stress in the face of challenges, deadlines, and financial pressures.
- “Can-do” attitude. Comfortable working within ambiguity. Willingness and ability to pick things up to get the job done.
- Excitement about working at a startup, and enthusiasm for City Cast’s mission of making people feel more connected to their cities.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in Sales, Business Development, or other revenue-focused work.
This position is full-time and remote, with competitive compensation-including a long-term incentive plan-and very good benefits. City Cast is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. Read about our mission and core values here. We encourage everyone to apply.