City Cast is hiring an ambitious, creative Lead Producer to launch and guide a daily local podcast and newsletter in Philadelphia. As Lead Producer, you will hire the City Cast Philadelphia team, overseeing content, staff, and operations, and actively contribute to daily production. You are an experienced audio producer, a strong storyteller, a local newshound, and a passionately curious resident of Philly, and you love coaching and cultivating talent.
- Help set the tone and creative vision for City Cast Philadelphia by contributing, encouraging and shaping story ideas, running production meetings, and keeping daily operations on track.
- Oversee a team of 3 (host, producer, and newsletter editor), ensuring they’re following the same vision and strategy, and have the tools they need to succeed.
- Serve as the primary daily decision maker about City Cast Philadelphia. You’re the person who makes sure it is relevant, fresh, joyful, and substantive.
- Work in close partnership with the Host, providing editorial and creative coaching to ensure they sound conversational, memorable, and credible.
- Make critical news decisions on a tight timeline, on a daily basis, holding all City Cast Philadelphia content to a high editorial standard.
- With the help of your Producer and Host, book guests, conduct research and pre-interviews, and write scripts—with an eye towards creating smart, fun, digestible, accessible shows that help listeners feel more connected to Philly.
- Edit audio capably and quickly in Audition or a comparable platform.
- Serve as the primary liaison with City Cast’s headquarters team.
- Model and foster an inclusive, kind, supportive work environment that enables you and your team to do your best work, and hold staff accountable through constructive feedback, clear goals, and performance reviews.
- Ensure that the show is distributed daily to all relevant platforms.
- Oversee City Cast Philadelphia’s daily newsletter, which is written by the Newsletter Writer/Editor.
- Oversee lightweight digital and social strategy for City Cast Philadelphia, owning and driving the show’s audience growth and engagement.
- Experience editing and mixing audio with a high level of technical proficiency and creative flair.
- Experience managing creative and/or editorial teams.
- A strong track record at coaching and on-air talent, and cultivating chemistry between hosts and guests.
- A love of the podcasting medium, with a desire to take risks, seek out new formats and approaches, seek inspiration from just about anywhere.
- Experience working in a fast-paced content environment.
- Proven leadership ability, with a passion and knack for mentoring and cultivating talent.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, and the ability to navigate conflict productively and directly.
- A passion for Philadelphia and a belief that local journalism makes us better citizens.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, and the flexibility and willingness to fill a variety of roles in a nimble, startup environment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Deep integrity, honesty, kindness, and fairness.
The Lead Producer will report to City Cast’s Chief Creative Officer. This position is full-time, with competitive salary and benefits, and will be located in Philadelphia, though work will be primarily remote. City Cast is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. Read about our mission and core values here. We encourage everyone to apply.