City Cast is hiring an HR Generalist to help us grow faster, onboard wisely, and sustain our supportive culture. City Cast makes local podcasts and newsletters for cities around the U.S., and we’re rapidly expanding our staff and our operations. The HR Generalist should be comfortable handling a broad range of responsibilities and taking an employee-focused approach to HR. We expect our HR generalist to embrace and sustain our remote and extremely collegial culture. An ideal candidate will come equipped with top-notch organizational skills, an upbeat disposition, and a practical and healthy respect for compliance.
- Serve as primary HR contact for the team and manage day-to-day HR functions.
- Onboard new employees and introduce them to the City Cast culture and ecosystem.
- Be the benefits expert—work with City Cast’s parent company to communicate new programs and changes.
- Own and roll out key HR programs such as performance reviews, new hire orientation, open enrollment, and diversity, equity and inclusion retention initiatives.
- Assist with recruiting and hiring
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements.
- Keep accurate records in HRIS (Workday).
- 2–4 years of HR experience.
- Project management skills and ability to drive programs independently.
- BA/BS degree with emphasis in HR or equivalent years of field-related experience.
- Confidence and enthusiasm about HR.
- Relishes working in a nimble, casual startup environment.
- Passion for supporting employee engagement and workplace culture initiatives and strategies.
- HR experience in a media or digital organization.
- Experience developing programs and initiatives for a remote-first organization.
The HR Generalist will report to City Cast’s CEO. This position is full-time and remote, with excellent benefits. Salary range is $75K-$95K depending on experience. City Cast is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. Read more about our mission and values here.We encourage everyone to apply.
Deadline to Apply: May 25, 2022.