You live in: Boise, Houston, Las Vegas, Nashville, Oakland, Omaha/Lincoln, Pittsburgh, or Salt Lake City.
City Cast is hiring a Producer to help launch and produce a daily local podcast in one of our newly announced markets. You are a versatile and inventive audio producer who cares deeply about local news and culture, and is excited about the opportunity to use podcasting to help people feel more connected to your city. You know how to identify great guests and to book them, under deadline pressure. You also have strong audio editing chops and a distinctive creative sensibility.
Application Deadline: July 30
- Identify, research, and shape your city’s most important daily stories—helping the Lead Producer and Host decide on topics and guests who make the show sing.
- Find, vet, and book guests, conduct research and pre-interviews, and write scripts–with an eye towards creating smart, fun, digestible, accessible shows that help listeners feel more connected to your city.
- Edit audio capably and quickly in Audition, with an eye towards creative and compelling narrative sound design.
- Inject style and distinctive flair into each day’s episode via your discerning use of good tape, and creative audio flourishes.
- Contribute to an inclusive, kind, supportive work environment that enables you and your team to do your best work.
- Proven ability to identify and build compelling stories, with a knack for pinpointing good “talkers” to bring those stories to life.
- Experience producing interviews from soup to nuts–from identifying the right guests and pre-interviewing, to flagging the most valuable tape and editing it into a compelling story.
- Excellent audio editing skills, with the ability to quickly identify the most compelling elements of a recorded interview, edit those elements into a clear narrative, and mix audio.
- Experience making challenging editorial decisions in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong communications skills, with a knack for writing audio scripts that sound natural and conversational.
- A passion for your city and for local journalism.
- A longing to make audio content that sounds delightful and fresh.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, love of adventure, and the flexibility and willingness to fill a variety of roles in a nimble, startup environment.
- Possibly: ambition to serve as on-air talent for the show, as a guest host or contributor.
The Producer will report to the Lead Producer of your local City Cast. This position is full-time, with competitive salary and benefits, and will be located in your city, though work will be primarily remote. City Cast is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply .