City Cast Pittsburgh is hiring an Audio Producer to help produce a daily local podcast in Pittsburgh, PA. You are a versatile and inventive audio producer who cares deeply about Pittsburgh’s local news and culture, and is excited about the opportunity to use podcasting to help people feel more connected to Pittsburgh. You know how to identify great guests and to book them, under deadline pressure. You also have strong audio editing chops and a distinctive creative sensibility.
- Identify, research, and shape Pittsburgh’s most important daily stories—helping the Lead Producer and Host decide on topics and guests who make the show sing.
- Find, vet, and book guests, conduct research and pre-interviews, and write scripts–with an eye towards creating smart, fun, digestible, accessible shows that help listeners feel more connected to Pittsburgh.
- Edit audio capably and quickly in Audition, with an eye towards creative and compelling narrative sound design.
- Inject style and distinctive flair into each day’s episode via your discerning use of good tape, and creative audio flourishes.
- Contribute to an inclusive, kind, supportive work environment that enables you and your team to do your best work.
- Proven ability to identify and build compelling stories, with a knack for pinpointing good “talkers” to bring those stories to life.
- Experience producing interviews from soup to nuts–from identifying the right guests and pre-interviewing, to flagging the most valuable tape and editing it into a compelling story.
- Excellent audio editing skills, with the ability to quickly identify the most compelling elements of a recorded interview, edit those elements into a clear narrative, and mix audio.
- Experience making challenging editorial decisions in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong communications skills, with a knack for writing audio scripts that sound natural and conversational.
- A passion for Pittsburgh and for local journalism.
- A longing to make audio content that sounds delightful and fresh.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, love of adventure, and the flexibility and willingness to fill a variety of roles in a nimble, startup environment.
- Possibly: ambition to serve as on-air talent for the show, as a guest host or contributor.
The Producer will report to the Lead Producer of City Cast Pittsburgh. This position is full-time, with competitive salary and benefits, and will be located in Pittsburgh, though work will be primarily remote. Our salary range is $55-65K, depending on experience. City Cast is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. Read more about our mission and values here. We encourage everyone to apply.
Deadline to Apply: Friday, April 22th