City Cast is looking for a Roving Producer to join the team of creative folks who work who work across our network of daily, local news podcasts. You’ll work on all of our podcasts, filling in for vacationing colleagues, working on pilots and special projects, producing our ads, and more. You have strong audio editing chops and a distinctive creative sensibility. You’ll be spending your days knee-deep in audio—cutting tape, booking guests, and in general making great content. You also care deeply about local news, you know how to guide an interview, and you’re comfortable working under deadline pressure.
Deadline: Friday, May 13th, 2022
Who are you?
You are a versatile and inventive audio producer. You’re interested in local news and comfortable working remotely.
- Stepping in to produce a City Cast podcast when someone’s on vacation or working on a longer project: identifying stories, booking guests, guiding interviews, crafting host questions, logging tape, and editing and mixing the resulting audio into great listening.
- Injecting style and distinctive flair into each day’s episode via your discerning use of good tape, and creative audio flourishes.
- Producing ads and promos.
- Working on special audio projects and pilots with different City Cast teams.
- Excellent audio editing skills, with the ability to quickly identify the most compelling elements of a recorded interview, edit those elements into a clear narrative, and mix audio.
- Experience producing interviews from soup to nuts: from identifying the right guests and pre-interviewing, to flagging the most valuable tape and editing it into a compelling story.
- Experience making thoughtful editorial decisions on deadline.
- Strong communications skills, with a knack for writing audio scripts that sound natural and conversational.
- A longing to make audio content that sounds delightful and fresh.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, love of adventure, and the flexibility and willingness to fill a variety of roles in a nimble, startup environment.
The Roving Producer reports to the Chief Creative Officer of City Cast. This position is full-time, includes benefits, and is located wherever you want to be in the U.S. The salary range is $55,000-$80,000 depending on experience. City Cast is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. Learn more about our mission and values here. We encourage everyone to apply.